Steamed Rice with Black Bean
Bap (Cooked Grains) is an integral part of Korean Life. Koreans often say ‘We live on Bap’ or ‘Bap is the best medicine’. They also ask ‘Have you had your Bap’ as friendly greeting. Korean add various grains when they cook rice. This food is one of them which is add black bean on the rice.
Gimchi Soybean Paste Soup
Doenjang-guk or soybean paste soup is a guk (soup) made with doenjang (soybean paste) and other ingredients, such as vegetables, meat, and seafood. And, Gimchi or Kimchi is one the essential food for Korean meal. At this class, we will learn how to cook soybean paste soup with Gimchi.
Jeyook-bokkeum (Stir-fried Pork with Gochujang)
Bokkeum is a verbal noun derived from the Korean verb bokkda, meaning “to cook food or food ingredients with little or a small amount of liquid by stir-frying over heat”. Jeyook bokkeum is Stir-fried pork with gochujang (chili pepper paste) sauce and onions.
Dotori-muk (Acorn Jelly)
Dotori-muk or acorn jelly is a Korean food which is a jelly made from acorn starch. Although “muk” means “jelly”, when used without qualifiers, it usually refers to dotorimuk. The practice of making dotorimuk originated in mountainous areas of ancient Korea, when abundant oak trees produced enough acorns each autumn to become a viable source of food. Like other muk, dotorimuk is most commonly eaten in the form of dotorimuk muchim, a side dish in which small chunks of dotorimuk are seasoned and mixed with other ingredients such as slivered carrots and scallions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili pepper powder, and sesame seeds.
- Date & Time: 13:00-15:30 (Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Meeting Point (Venue): Hongdae Station (Subway Line 2, Green Line) Exit No. 2 in Seoul, Korea
- Activity: Korean Home Food Cooking Experience with Professional Chef
- Type of Food Preference: For All (Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian)
- Price: US$80.00 / per person
- Minimum number of Person: 4
– We recommend you to come with your friends, family when you visit Seoul, Korea!
– Foreign residents in Seoul are also welcome for this cooking class.
- Language: English
Korean Home Food Cooking Class Near Hongdae in Seoul, Korea
Home Food Cooking Class by Professional Korean Chef: Total 4 Dishes in 150 Minutes!